- Dr. Violeta Ivanova teaches visualization in Pakistan
- 3D modeling and texturing the astronaut for Human Motion in Microgravity
- ARTEMiS will present at SIGGRAPH 2013
- What’s your flavor of visualization?
- Visual artist Betsy Skrip joins MIT ARTEMiS
- ARTEMiS and ICAP collaborate in Lyon, France
- Creating the Lantos animation
- 2D painting and animation for “Slope”
Violeta and Krista are spending February in beautiful Lyon, France, working with ICAP (Innovation Conception et Accompagnement pour la Pedagogie) at the University Lyon 1. The ARTEMiS team is collaborating with ICAP on 3D interactive visualizations, such as Unity-based games, for science education. Pictured below are (from left to right) 3D artist Olivier Rastello, engineer Tom Riviere, and 3D artist Frederic Urien in one of ICAP’s editing suites. See the Anatomie 3D website for some amazing 3D visualizations, which ICAP’s artists have created together with science professor Dr. Patrice Thiriet.
The weather in Lyon is cold this winter – see below the frozen fountain at Place des Terreaux! – but the welcome for ARTEMiS is warm!
Counterclockwise from top: Olivier Rastello, Tom Riviere, and Frederic Urien (left to right) in ICAP’s editing suite; Frederic works in Unity; Olivier and Tom welcome ARTEMiS; Place des Terreaux in Lyon; frozen fountain – it’s cold in Lyon!
All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.- Pablo Picasso